- Tutoring in the Library is prohibited and shall be considered a violation of the Wyandanch Public Library House Rules, unless authorized in advance by the Library Board of Trustees in accordance with the Facility Use policy.
- Requests to use the Library facility by volunteer tutors or for examination preparation for students K-12 will be considered by the Library Board of Trustees upon written application only. Decisions shall be made on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the facility use policy and subject to availability of library space.
- Any person, company, or group providing educational services, to an adult or child shall be considered a "tutor", and any educational service or activity, provided to another person in the library building shall be considered "tutoring" for purposes of this policy unless the services are rendered as part of a library-sponsored program.
- Interaction between a parent(s) and a child(dren) for educational purposes is not subject to this policy.
- Failure to adhere to this policy may result in the loss of library privileges.
- Implementation of this policy rests with the Library director and library staff.
- Final interpretation of this policy rests with the Board of Trustees.