Because of limited budget and space, the library cannot provide all materials that are requested. Therefore, interlibrary loan is used to obtain from other libraries those materials that are beyond the scope of this library's collection. In return for utilizing interlibrary loan to satisfy the needs of our patrons, the Wyandanch Public Library agrees to lend its materials to other libraries through the same interlibrary loan network, and to make an effort to have its current holdings listed in a tool that is accessible by other libraries throughout the state.
- 3 weeks for books.
- Generally, reference books do not circulate. Upon request, some reference materials may be checked out overnight.
- Interlibrary loans are due the date indicated by the lending library.
- Books may be renewed once if there is not a waiting list for the title.
- Current issues of periodicals do not circulate.
- Non-current periodicals may be checked out for one week and may not be renewed.
- One week for cassettes, audio books, and compact discs.
- 3 days for videocassettes.
- Audio Visual materials are nonrenewable
The director may establish the loan period for special collections, materials which are temporarily in great demand, such as for student projects, or materials added to the collection which is in a new format, e.g., computer software.
There is no limit on the number of items a patron can borrow at one time, with one exception -- two items on a subject is the limit for a known school assignment.