To inform patrons of the Inclement Weather/ClosingInclement Weather/Closing (Refer to Appendix)
The closing policy for the library is as follows:
No fines will be assessed for library materials due on a day the library is closed, closes early or has a delayed opening. If the schools are on a delayed opening,
The library is on the same delay. If school is closed, the library is on a 2-hour delay. The decision to open the library or remain closed is made by 10AM.
The library may close early during the day or evening when the weather is inclement.
A message will be on our phone system at 631-643-4848 and on our web site at www.wyandanchpubliclibrary.org which will indicate a delayed opening or closing. All library programs that are scheduled during the hours of a library delayed opening or closing are canceled. All community groups’ or individuals’ programs or events scheduled in the Library Program Room, YA Room or Tutoring Room during the hours of a library delayed opening or closing are canceled. The Wyandanch Public Library recognizes the fact that inclement weather and other emergencies can affect the library’s ability to open for business and an employee’s ability to get to work. The safety of our employees is paramount in any emergency. The library will take the following into consideration when determining whether to close for inclement weather:
- The safety of our patrons and staff
- Benton Community Schools close for weather related issues
- Current and future road conditions
- Potential damage from an impending storm
The library will close if the following occur:
- The electricity in the library is out
- Heat in the winter or air conditioning in the summer is not available
- Flooding affects transportation or access to the library building
- Damage from tornadoes or high winds affect transportation or the structural
integrity of the library building
- The governor declares a weather emergency and asks people to stay off
We will keep the library closed for the briefest period of time possible. Notification In an emergency, the library director will make every effort to notify employees and the library board president by phone of the closure. The closing will be announced by local radio and television stations, and the closing will be posted on the library’s website and social media.
LEFT OFF HERE- INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS