All borrowers must sign a Borrowing Agreement Form at checkout.
- All borrowers of the Wi-Fi Hotspots must be Wyandanch Library Card
- All borrowers must be the age of 18 or older to check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot from the Wyandanch Public Library.
- All borrowers Wyandanch Public Library Cards must be active and in good standing.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots are not eligible for renewal. Borrowers must wait 7 days from Return Date until they are allowed to check out another Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots are limited to 1 per household.
- Wi-Fi Internet Service will be turned off if a hotspot is not returned on the
- Wi-Fi Hotspot data will automatically be turned off if there is data use
present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- All components (hotspot, cord, battery, instructions and charger) must be
Library during open hours. No Wi-Fi Hotspot should be returned to the library book drop or to another library.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot must be checked in to a staff member at Wyandanch Public
harassing, defamatory, or unauthorized. The Wyandanch Public Library is not responsible for any files, data or personal information accessed or transmitted using the Wi-Fi Hotspot, nor it is responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from the use or misuse of the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Borrowing Agreement Form
Wyandanch Public Library is pleased to lend library-owned Wi-Fi hotspots (the “Hotspots”) to adult library patrons (over the age of 18) with a Wyandanch Public Library card in good standing. Eligible patrons interested in using this service must first read and sign the following Borrowing Agreement Form before borrowing
I,_____________________________, (“Borrower”) have read, understand and agree to abide by the Wyandanch Public Library Hotspot policy. I take full responsibility for the Hotspot that I am borrowing. I understand that I must return it before the end of the 14 day circulation period, and that if I lose or damage the device, or any of its accessories, I will be liable for the appropriate replacement cost according to the following schedule:
Wi-Fi Hotspot: $70.00
Hotspot Charger: $15.00
Hotspot Battery: $15.00
Terms and Conditions
Loan Period: All Hotspots may be checked out for a period of 14 days. If a device is not returned within 15 days of its due date, the Borrower agrees to pay the replacement cost for the device.
Late Fee: The Borrower will pay a late charge of $1 per day for everyday the item is not returned to the Wyandanch Public Library, up to 7 days then will be charged for the total cost of Wi-Fi HotSpot, Charger and Battery.
Returning Electronic Devices: The Hotspot must be returned to the Circulation Desk.The Borrower must return equipment directly to a staff member and is to wait at the desk until the equipment has been checked in and confirmed to be in satisfactory condition. Devices may not be left in the outside drop boxes. Hotspots returned with missing accessories will not be checked in and removed from patron’s accounts until all accessories are accounted for. No exceptions will be made.
Care of the Hotspot: The Borrower will comply with the following instructions with respect to the care of the Hotspot:
- Patron will be responsible for the following:
- Use the internet only for lawful purposes.
- Refrain from viewing pornographic visual materials or content that is considered obscene.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity which is obscene, threatening,
The Borrower agrees to take full responsibility for the Hotspot when it is in their possession. In the event of loss or damage to the Hotspot the Borrower agrees to reimburse Wyandanch Public Library in the appropriate amount set forth above.
I have read and understood the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and agree to borrow a Hotspot from Wyandanch Public Library.
Item Barcode____________________ Patron Barcode____________________ Email_____________________________
Date Borrowed: ______________ Date Due:______________ Date Returned________________ Staff Initials_____________
The Wyandanch Public Library reserves the right to suspend or terminate borrowing privileges should we deem a patron has not met the conditions set forth in this agreement form.
- The device should be kept charged when not in use.
- The device should be kept clean and dry
- Children should not be allowed to play with the device.
- The device is for the use of the Borrower and should not be loaned to
- another person.
- The device should not be exposed to extreme temperatures.