- All borrowers must be registered and must have a valid local patron card to borrow library materials.
- Patrons must fill out an application form to register for a new library card. The following statement will be printed on the registration form for the patron's information and acceptance:
I agree to be responsible for all items borrowed with the library card issued in the above name, including items borrowed with it by others with or without my consent unless I have previously reported the loss of my card. I promise to comply with all library rules and policies both present and future, and to give prompt notice of change of address or loss of library card.
- Identification is required. A driver's license or student ID is preferred; however, any other official ID or recent nonpersonal piece of mail may be acceptable.
- Applicants under 13 years of age must have a parent or guardian give their consent on the application form before a new card can be issued.
- This parental signature is not required for children who are renewing cards.
- Materials cannot be checked out until a library card is issued.
- All library cards expire after three years. In order to renew a library card, patrons must produce identification and must clear all outstanding fines and bills.